Re: Remove package source from apt(-get)

On 23/5/22 1:14 am, Charles Curley wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2022 11:49:42 -0400
The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

The same happens with : "W: An error occurred during the signature
verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index
files will be used. GPG error:
https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/edge stable InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY EB3E94ADBE1229CF" after installing
MS-Edge.

For this, you'd need to either remove the repository that was added
for updating Edge, or obtain the public key for that repository and
configure your system to recognize it (offhand I don't remember how to
do that latter, but I think it involves special syntax in the
/etc/apt/sources.list* file).

Usually, when I get a missing pubkey error, I simply search on the
missing key. Such a search turns up this page:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1245227/how-to-add-the-apt-key-for-microsoft-packages

How then, do I deal with this (slightly different) problem involving MS keys?

"
Get:1 https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease [4,502 B]
Err:1 https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease

The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 1F3045A5DF7587C3 Skype Linux Client Repository <se-um@microsoft.com>
Reading package lists... Done
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://repo.skype.com/deb stable InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 1F3045A5DF7587C3 Skype Linux Client Repository <se-um@microsoft.com>
"

--
Bret Busby
Armadale