Re: Libreoffice: printing "dirties" the file being printed

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 12:19:10 -0400
Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just poking my nose in to say that syslog might be an example of that.
> That's speaking from the annoying firsthand experience of having
> something like /var/log/syslog loaded in the Mousepad text editor. It
> will keep announcing that the content changed behind the scenes so do
> I want to refresh to view that newest addition (or some similar
> advisement).

Well, try using emacs for watching syslog. It will simply load it and
be silent about external changes until you try to save edits. Or you can
invoke auto-revert-mode, and it will load changes for you, and follow
the bottom of the file if you like. Or use "tail -f".

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/