Re: Libreoffice: printing "dirties" the file being printed

On Thu  7 Apr 2022, at 09:58, Jonathan Dowland <jon+debian-user@dow.land> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2022 at 07:08:11PM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
>>Tools menu/Options - General; 'Printing sets "document modified" status'
>

> Does anyone have any insight into why this is an option? More
> specifically, what reason would anyone want to have their document
> marked as modified because they printed it?

I wondered about that too and looked into it.  I now can't find the references I found, either in my browser history or by re-searching, but iirc, Apple[-related] and LibreOffice forum posts suggested it's to do with:

LO:  MS Word does it, so LO does it / because fields in the document may be automatically updated prior to printing

Apple: Pages documents include a "last printed" property which gets updated when the doc is printed - which suggests there's no option in that case.

Not sure of the accuracy of either report...

Best wishes,
Gareth