Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On Fri, 2022-04-08 at 20:18 +0100, Brian wrote:
> On Fri 08 Apr 2022 at 17:59:10 +0100, Tixy wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2022-04-08 at 12:10 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, I was not able to find ANY way to determine the IP
> > > addresses of the autodetected printers that were presented to me.
> >
> > If I go to http://localhost:631/printers/ and click on my printer it
> > shows amongst other information:
> >
> > Connection:	socket://192.168.2.3:9100
>
> OK. That's the destination.
> >
> > In case it got that IP address because I configured it that way, I just
> > tried it on another computer that didn't previously have CUPS on until
> > I just installed it and it shows the same for an auto discovered
> > printer.
>
> Do you find that surprising? The destination hasn't changed because you
> use another computer. You would be miffed if it did.

I wasn't expecting a different IP address but, given Greg's experience,
it might have shown no address at all if it was auto discovered as
opposed to being configured by specifying an address. (Which is what I
thought I had done.)

--
Tixy