Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 08:24:00PM +0100, Brian wrote:
>   avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp
>
> is better.

That one actually works.  It completes in under 1 second, and it
includes IP addresses in its output.

Out of curiosity, I tried omitting the -r option, to try to figure out
what "resolve" means in this context.  The result was simply a list of
the top-level names, without any of the associated details such as
their IP addresses.  So it seems "resolve services" means "provide
details about each thing found, instead of simply reporting its name".

(I find that confusing, because "resolve" usually means "report a
human-readable name rather than a number", but so be it.)