LinuxCNC on-non-Debian systems is probably unsupportable here [WAS: Re: its been done again. No network].

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 04:33:33PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 March 2022 11:27:07 EDT Curt wrote:

> > > I'd strongly suggest that you use Gunnar Wolf's images that then give
> > > you something that is as near as anything vanilla Debian. Raspberry
> > > Pi folks are really not too interested in sorting out Debian-type
> > > problems.
> > >
> > > Take care
> > >
> > > Andy Cater
> >
> > That's these images here, I guess, of which you are speaking:
> >
> > https://raspi.debian.net/tested-images/
> No, this link came from a cnc'er, and leads to a google drive download.
> With linuxcnc-2.8.2 already installed.
> > .

Hi Gene,

Random distribution with random provenance from an unknown origin,then:

Can I commend to you: https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

As noted to you elsewhere, LinuxCNC is being maintained in Debian now -
it's just not hit Debian stable yet.

https://linuxcnc.org/2022/03/03/LinuxCNC-in-Debian/

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater