its been done again. No network

Greetings all;

Just installed a arm64 linux on a raspi4, and as near as I can tell early
in the game, everything seem to be working except the network. I cannot
get rid of a default 169.254.xx.yy route in ip a or ip r.

I have even renamed the /sbin/avahi-daemon to something insulting, and
canceled its execute bits, and service networking restart about a dozen
times after checking the rest of the networking config, but it is still
there. There isn't a thing on my local network listening on that address
block.

So how do I get rid of it so I can have a net with MY default route and
bring it up to date?

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)