Re: recommend music player?

kaye n wrote:
> Hello Friends!
>
> I am currently using Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
>
> Can anyone recommend a good music player with an equalizer where I can
> choose Pop, Rock, etc.

I recommend that you separate the two.

For equalization, look to your sound subsystem. If that's
pulseaudio, install pulseaudio-equalizer and use the qpaeq
interface.

If that's pipewire, stable doesn't have a good equalizer yet but
pulseaudio-equalizer may work and you can easily compile
https://github.com/Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linux

As to players -- I like music on console, myself, although
Audacious is pretty good. When in doubt, VLC will play just
about anything.

-dsr-