Re: recommend music player?

On Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:41:58 -0400
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> kaye n wrote:
> > Hello Friends!
> >
> > I am currently using Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a good music player with an equalizer where I
> > can choose Pop, Rock, etc.
>

> I recommend that you separate the two.
>
> For equalization, look to your sound subsystem. If that's
> pulseaudio, install pulseaudio-equalizer and use the qpaeq
> interface.
>
> If that's pipewire, stable doesn't have a good equalizer yet but
> pulseaudio-equalizer may work and you can easily compile
> https://github.com/Audio4Linux/JDSP4Linux

...with projectm-pulseaudio thrown in for fun! (Or projectm-jack is an
option if you're on pipewire.)

As for the music player itself, I use Quod Libet. The UI takes a
bit of getting used to, but it's remarkably powerful and flexible. If
you're the kind of nerd who takes pride in their meticulously tagged
music collection, it might be worth a look.

Cheers!
 -Chris