Re: Memory leak

> As I mentioned (briefly) in my original post, yes, I experience concrete
> problems: the system either grinds to a halt or becomes unresponsive,
> or hits swap and becomes intolerably slow.

Sorry I missed that part.
I think that's what you should focus on: try and run some background
collection of timestamped system state (CPU use and memory use) and then
try and investigate to see what it is that was eating all the resources
during those times where the system grinds to a halt.

        Stefan