Re: [CODE OF CONDUCT REMINDER - WAS Re: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?]

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 09:50:45AM -0800, RP wrote:

> This whole thread has turned into a violation of the very first rule.

By that, I presume you are referring to "The mailing lists exist to
foster the development and use of Debian. Non-constructive or off-topic
messages, along with other abuses, are not welcome" from the mailing
list code of conduct.  I agree that this thread has become rather
off-topic for this list.

> If you read Andrew's post, the first line says to "readers and posters".

It does say that.  However, his choice of quoting sends a different
message.  Hence my request for additional information about the specific
offense that prompted the warning.

> This is for everyone.

There are ways to send messages intended "for everyone" and Andrew's
message seems (unintentionally, I assume) to single out particular
invidual in a somewhat threatning way.

Regards,

-Roberto

--