Re: [CODE OF CONDUCT REMINDER - WAS Re: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?]

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 04:55:25PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 12:44:52PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> > max wrote:
> >
> > > For comparison, RMS is publicly against singular "they", and Debian
> > > developers voted not to censure him.
> > > https://stallman.org/articles/genderless-pronouns.html Seems like a double
> > > standard, but whatever.
> >
> > If you engage in such discussion, you are ready to fail. There is no force
> > in this universe to tell me not to use the pronouns he and she based on
> > biological sex.
> > The opposite is complete madness: I recommend listening to Jordan Peterson
> > on this subject.
> > I doubt RMS is authority in this field. He has opinion and this is it - he
> > and not only he - no one has the authority to tell you or me how to speak.
> > Language is to help us understand each other. Obviously someone does not
> > want to admit to this basic rule and wants us to roll over into the
> > Overtone window. It is absolutely unnecessary discussion. J. Peterson
> > refuses to accept, I refuse and many others. It is perfectly OK. I have the
> > same rights as you do. Period.
> >

> Can I please remind readers and posters:
>
> Communication on this list, on IRC and on other Debian media are bound
> by the Debian mailing list code of conduct, the Debian IRC code of conduct
> and, above all, by the Debian Code of Conduct.

> https://www.debian.org/support#irc
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianIRCChannelGuidelines
> https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct
>
> Action can and will be taken by listmasters if appropriate.
> Please also report issues with conduct to the Community Team
>
> With thanks for your attention,
>
> Andrew Cater
> [For and on behalf of the Debian Community Team]

Andrew,

I am very concerned by your message and the signal it seems to be
communicating.  The links you provided do not seem to describe any sort
of boundary or misbehavior which appears to be at issue in deloptes's
message.  The most egregious thing seems to be the continuation of an
off-topic thread.  There many contributors to that particular problem in
this case in addition to delpotes.

Could you perhaps describe precisely what offense was caused or what
boundary was skirted in this instance?

In the future, messages such as yours would appear less menacing and
more constructive with this additional bit of information added.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez