Re: [SUMMARY STATEMENT] Was: Re: Why did Norbert Preining (having maintained KDE) left Debian?

local10 <local10@tutanota.com> wrote on 23/01/2022 at 21:34:19+0100:

> Jan 23, 2022, 20:12 by debian@polynamaude.com:
>
>> You'd leave because you have to be held responsible for your actions ?
>>

> What actions? Based on the message
> ( https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2019/01/msg00186.html ) it
> looks like they came up with the verdict first and then started to
> look for "evidence/actions" to justify the verdict. Pretty pathetic if
> you ask me but whatever.
>
> Regards,

It *could* look like it, but that's not it.

What happened is that DAM took a decision, which was challenged by some
Developers, among with some were willing to start a General Resolution
to overturn DAM's decision.

In that heated discussion, Ian decided to collect any bad interaction
between Norbert and any other person to disclose these before the GR
starts and is voted on.

As I already said, but you apparently decided to not read, Ian was not
part of the decision making at any part, and, apart from the others who
replied, two DAM members told him it wasn't fine.

You really should look the whole thread, instead of cherry-picking what
serves your idea.

--
PEB