Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

Greg Wooledge composed on 2022-01-23 08:42 (UTC-0500):

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 08:50:56AM +0100, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

>> As far as I can tell (with my limited understanding of DNS) it only
>> makes it easier to share /etc/hosts with no obvious downside.

> If that actually works, that's great news for Gene.  It means he can
> duplicate a single /etc/hosts file across all systems without needing
> to bolt on a unique per-system header afterward.

I've been sharing the very same hosts file among all my PCs for well over a
decade, probably closer to two.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata