Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

On Sb, 22 ian 22, 20:07:45, David Wright wrote:

> Because the basic /etc/hosts file looks something like:
>
>   127.0.0.1	localhost
>   192.168.1.1	router.corp	router
>   192.168.1.2	cascade.corp	cascade
>   127.0.1.1	acer.corp	acer	# 192.168.1.10
>   # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
>   ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
>   ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
>   ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
>
> and the hostname, acer, will be different on each host.

Instead of listing the machine's name with 127.0.1.1 I'm using it's
actual IP (like the one you have in the comment).

Any potential issues I should be aware of?

As far as I can tell (with my limited understanding of DNS) it only
makes it easier to share /etc/hosts with no obvious downside.

Kind regards,
Andrei