Re: hostname is being reset, killing net on reboot

Hi Gene,

On 1/21/22, gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> This is all well and good, Greg, but it still does NOT give a clue what
> todo when the system picks a fictitious route out of its rear.

Once you realize that that your machine getting a 169.254.x.x address
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address
almost certainly means that DHCP has failed, you have a pretty good
idea of where to start -  Why did my machine ask for a DHCP address?
Why didn't it get one?

As for avahi, my notes have
  disable multicast DNS (avahi-daemon)
  $ sudo systemctl disable avahi-daemon
but I have a DHCP and DNS server at home, so I'd rather have the
zero-conf stuff turned off.

Best Regards,
Lee