Re: Debian 11 xfce

On 13.01.2022 01:29, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:46:20AM +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

[...]

Although consistency gets ruined by forced garbage features from GTK3 like
Client-Side Decorations (custom title bar).
Who thought that moving dialog window buttons (Ok, Cancel, Save, etc) from
usual bottom side to an arbitrary location and separate them away is a good
idea?  smh
Now, now, there. There are people who like that (not me), so leave them
their mileage too.
I'm not against the feature itself, but against the fact that it is not customizable, without option to switch back to old behavior. These changes break desktop managers, working programs and distract from familiar workflows. My initial reaction to this was: "Huh? Where the buttons go?" and it took me a while to find them inside window. And more time was wasted on fruitless attempts to make them go to the usual place.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org