Re: Debian 11 xfce

On 1/12/22, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A KHANNA wrote:
>> How to activate mouse hover click in above system?..it is not having
>> options
>> available in ubuntu.
>
> It seems that a program named "mousetweaks" is in charge for this.
> I understand that its option --dwell is what you are looking for.
>
> My impression comes from Google results with "mouse hover click xfce":
>
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/1161695/how-to-disable-hover-click-in-bionic-with-xfce4
>   https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=11736
>
> and then looking up Debian resources
>   https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/mousetweaks
>   https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/mousetweaks/mousetweaks.1.en.html
>

> I am not often using XFCE. So you will still need to find an answer how
> to automatically start mousetweaks when starting your desktop session.

I just tried installing mousetweaks. It's not showing up under the
autostart option for login so the next step would be to try the "+"
(Add application) option. All of that can be found by following:

Applications (desktop menu) > Settings > Session and Startup >
Application Autostart (tab)

There may also be at least one other path to that same end, but that's
the one that has always worked for me for things like this (and Magnus
and...).

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey