Re: Dragging tabs in Google Chrome 97

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 05:16:27PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2022-01-05, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> As of this morning's update, dragging and dropping items in this game
> >> doesn't work either.  The dragging part appears to work correctly, as
> >> far as I can tell -- there is visual feedback that a thing is being
> >> moved as I drag with the mouse.  But when I release the button to "drop"
> >> the thing, it simply goes back to its original position.  No rearranging
> >> occurs.
> >
> > Not to say it's relevant or irrelevant, but that's the behaviour of
> > dragging any image in FF: let go and it puts it back where it was.
> > What I don't know is whether an item that's drag-AND-droppable has
> > to be marked in some way, which could be missing; or whether it's
> > just the dropping mechanism that's broken.
>
> I just updated my Chrome to 97 but am not seeing the behavior Greg is.
> He could try the usual stuff, like "Reset settings" in Settings,
> verifying if the problem occurs in incognito mode or with another
> profile, disabling extensions, etc. Or even maybe exploring the
> possibility of a hardware snafu with the keyboard and/or mouse.

Based on the results of my earlier Google searches, I tried incognito
mode (no luck), disabling extensions (no luck), and unplugging/replugging
my USB keyboard (no luck).

I did not try a new profile, nor did I try resetting all settings, the
latter of which sounds horribly destructive.

Another post in this thread claimed that the bug may be related to using
"system title bars and borders", which I am doing.  However, disabling
that and then restarting Chrome does not fix it.  So there's some other
piece involved.