Re: Dragging tabs in Google Chrome 97

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 09:14:07AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> This morning, I did my normal apt-get update/upgrade, and this brought
> in a new version of google-chrome-stable
>
> ii  google-chrome-stable 97.0.4692.71-1 amd64        The web browser from Google
>
> After restarting in the new version of Chrome, I am unable to move
> tabs around within a window.  Any attempt to drag a tab to the left or
> the right immediately causes the creation of a new window, with the
> tab that I was trying to move inside the new window.

I've discovered another symptom, and I'm assuming it's related.

One of the games that I play in Chrome is an incremental called Evolve
<https://pmotschmann.github.io/Evolve/>.  This game uses Javascript
heavily, and allows dragging and dropping various things within the
game, in order to rearrange work queues and so forth.

As of this morning's update, dragging and dropping items in this game
doesn't work either.  The dragging part appears to work correctly, as
far as I can tell -- there is visual feedback that a thing is being
moved as I drag with the mouse.  But when I release the button to "drop"
the thing, it simply goes back to its original position.  No rearranging
occurs.