Re: support for xfce in bullseye minimal netinst iso

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reply

Sorry it was not a minimal buster iso with xfce but i got this file

debian-10.4.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso which is around 640 MB

I was able to install and get the system up and running last year , later i updated to Bullseye but going for a kernel update lost my OS few days before

I then downloded the minimal bullseye iso , but without xfce it is a big problem, also having issues with broadcom wifi driver and there is no wired connectivity.to my system.

I am not able to download the bullseye iso file which you mentioned since it is around 3.7 GB which is too large.

Can you suggest some links for downloading the bullseye along with xfce which comes to less than 1 GB or preferably somewhere around 500-800 MB, or suggest ways to install the xfce offline  , there is no deb file for such GUI's

On Tuesday, 14 September, 2021, 12:12:43 pm IST, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

Hi,

Sriram wrote:

> Earlier editions like buster included xfce in the minimal install file.

Are sure that you did not use the DVD-1 images with these earlier Debian
versions ?

  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/list-dvd/debian-11.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.list.gz
lists various XFCE related packages.
This list describes the ISO image at
  https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/debian-11.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso

The netinst ISOs are too small to hold the packages of a desktop
environment. Looking into debian-10.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso ,
debian-9.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso, and debian-8.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso i do not
see any package files with "xfce" in the name.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas