Re: support for xfce in bullseye minimal netinst iso

On Tue 14 Sep 2021 at 09:27:25 (+0000), Sriram wrote:

> Sorry it was not a minimal buster iso with xfce but i got this file
> debian-10.4.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso which is around 640 MB
>
> I was able to install and get the system up and running last year , later i updated to Bullseye but going for a kernel update lost my OS few days before
> I then downloded the minimal bullseye iso , but without xfce it is a big problem, also having issues with broadcom wifi driver and there is no wired connectivity.to my system.

Perhaps you should start a new thread, raising the problem with your wifi.
Have you downloaded any non-free firmware for it?

I'm not aware of their having been any CD ISOs with non-free firmware
on them, at least in recent years, but only netinst ISOs. The CD you
mention above certainly does not contain any, but only a tiny bit
of free firmware.

If you can solve your wifi woes, then downloading XFCE will be no problem.

Cheers,
David.