Re: EFI boot installer

On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 09:21:38PM +0300, Gunnar Gervin wrote:
> Hi all.
> Where do I find a live Debian x86-64 iso image with EFI 'cd image' in it ?
> (My 2007 ex-Mac computer now only runs Puppy x86-64 live dvd in RAM.)
> My Macbook 64b computer won't open any iso without a cd image named EFI.
> Alt key on boot up will show distro's ISO image, on the right side I need
> an EFI cd.
> Read that Debian supports EFI. So I'm here, asking for your help &/or a
> link to ISO.
> BR,
> Gunnar Gervin.
> PS.
> Distro developers, if any here *:*
> It's all right you dislike EFI bootloader after MS released it, but please
> let me use it.
> DS.

We've been using EFI since 2008?

As suggested before to you:

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-mac-11.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso

is the _first_ one I'd try on your old "ex-Mac" (since that's around the time
that some Macs of that vintage had difficulty reading certain CD formats).

If that works - great. If not, I'd try either of the following on either
machine:

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/debian-11.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
is what I'd try on the newer one (or possibly the non-free unofficial version
which includes firmware at https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.0.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/firmware-11.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso )

You might also want to try the one of the Debian-live images at

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.0.0-live+nonfree/amd64/iso-hybrid/

but I would _NOT_ recommend using Calamares to install.

Hope this helps, as ever,

Andy Cater