Re: Telegram Systray Icon

On Thu, Sep 02, 2021 at 08:23:43PM +0200, Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
> I thought it was clear, but I was wrong.
>
> Telegram from website ( version 3.0.1 ), running in KDE under Unstable.
> Everything was ok until Bullseye came out and a tsunami of new packages
> arrived to Unstable. Since that moment the icon disappeared. Everything
> seems to work fine, except for that icon. No errors, nothing suspicious,
> neither in logs or running Telegram from command line. Just no icon.
>
> Thanks in advance

How long had you been running Unstable? You could have expected a significant
churn when a new stable gets released - especially when there's been a freeze
for a while. This is another good argument for using release names in
/etc/apt/sources.list - no nasty surprises / flag days when there are
major changes.

I suspect that reinstalling the .deb might well install the icon in the
right place - have you tried seearching for it / checking permissions?

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater