Re: pulseaudio only finds one sink but alsa shows all

Le jeudi 30 décembre 2021 à 23:33 +0000, Eric S Fraga a écrit :

[...]
> Please find the output from pa-info attached.  Also attached is the
> output from alsa-info, just in case.
[...]

Hello Eric,

Disclaimer: I am far from knowledgeable in these matters and have never
experimented what I suggest, so please take what I say with a grain of
salt :-)

It seems to me that Alsa recognizes 3 audio cards (Intel, webcam,
Nvidia) while Pulseaudio recognizes 2 audio cards only (webcam, Nvidia)
but starts enumerating sinks at Sink#12 and your Pulseaudio setup is
standard

If you have not set up a particular Alsa config
(https://www.alsa-project.org/wiki/Asoundrc ...), or a particular udev
rule (/etc/udev/rules.d should be empty in this case), or tempered
whith your BIOS/UEFI in a way that prevents udev to present your Intel
audio card to Pulseaudio, or set up a multi-graphic card config that
prevents the use of one of its sound-sub-system by Pulseaudio (I do not
even know if it is possible, that's just a guess),

I would then say that for whatever reason Pulseaudio does not register
your Intel audio card by udev detection and it could be useful to
declare it manually to Pulseaudio by creating
~/.config/pulse/default.pa rather than editing /etc/pulse/default.pa .
man default.pa
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules/#module-alsa-card

Good luck :-)