Re: pulseaudio only finds one sink but alsa shows all

On Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021 at 20:39, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> When PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) is started can you see
> audio devices on "Configuration" tab?

Hi Georgi,

no, that's the problem.  The configuration tab only shows the HDMI audio
device.

> In PulseAudio Volume Control application (Playback tab) you can see all
> audio streams and applications being played and in case of multiple
> sound devices you can set each sound stream to which sound device to be
> played.

Yes, understood; unfortunately only the single output is available,
either here or in the configuration tab.

The list of modules itemised via pavucontrol includes alsa so I am not
sure why I cannot see the devices that alsa knows about.  It's a mystery
(to me, at least).

thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.1 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.2