Re: pulseaudio only finds one sink but alsa shows all

Le jeudi 30 décembre 2021 à 10:43 +0000, Eric S Fraga a écrit :

[...]
> On other systems, there are other entries in the configuration tab
> which
> is what I would expect here as well.  My fundamental question is why
> does the on-board sound card not appear for this system?

*perhaps* a extensive Pulseaudio report would give a clue
Please run pa-info as a user (not as root) and paste the result here.

> All of my sound configurations are defaults, IIRC.
>
> I do not (consciously) have any software set up to use alsa.
[...]

It's good to know: I do not think the use of Alsa is bad per se but I
do think one has to be careful and know what she/he is doing if in
conjunction with the use of Pulseaudio.

Hypothetical explanations to the problem could be:

- packages half-installed, half-configured or obsolete/local,
$ sudo dpkg --audit
 or
$ sudo aptitude search '~c'
 followed by
$ sudo aptitude search '~o')
 could enlighten us

- The chance is very slim and I do not thonk this is a real
possibility, but Pulseaudio could refuse to list a device that Alsa
lists, because of a missing firmware.
$ sudo journalctl -b -g firmware

(please paste here the result of previous commands)