Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

On Thu, 2021-12-23 at 14:20 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2021-12-23, Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Still none the wiser of what hardware in the printer you would be
> > setting the baud rate of though, but as I'm ignorant of the insides of
> > 3D printers perhaps that's not a surprise.
> >

> You set the baud rate of the port is how I understand it.
>
>  stty -F /dev/ACM0 115200

Yes, but that just sends an ioctl request to the Linux driver which
looking at the source code [1] translates it into sending control
message to the USB device of type USB_CDC_REQ_SET_LINE_CODING.

So what does the 3D printer do when it receives this control packet?
What _hardware_ is it actually going to change the baud rate of?
I'm assuming here, as I said in my other reply [2], that the USB
interface is connected direct to the SoC running the printer, and not
to some USB serial adaptor which is then wired to the controlling CPU
hardware.

[1] See acm_tty_set_termios() in drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/12/msg00818.html

--
Tixy