Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

On Thu, 2021-12-23 at 13:22 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2021-12-22, Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2021-12-22 at 04:36 -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > [...]
> > > What utility could adjust the baud and endianess of this tty_ACM0?
> >
> > I can't see how that is relevant, this is your printer's USB connection
> > not some old style asynchronous serial interface like RS232.
> >

> Apparently it is though, relevant, to a virtual serial port.
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/MPSelectMiniOwners/comments/7a9zl8/issues_printing_over_usb_in_ubuntulinux/
>
> Maybe the OP could try Octoprint or Pronsole.

I just read that, very strange if setting a baud rate on a 'virtual'
(i.e. not hardware) serial port makes any difference. Unless the act of
sending the baud rate commands over USB to the printer makes its
software (or Linux) go into some different state where subsequent
printing commands work.

Not knowing really what ACM is I looked for the docs on the internet,
seems ACM is part of the PSTN subclass of USBs Communications Device
Class (CDC) and the docs says:

   With an Abstract Control Model, the USB device understands standard
   V.250 (AT) commands.

Ahh, AT commands, that brings back memories. :-)

Still none the wiser of what hardware in the printer you would be
setting the baud rate of though, but as I'm ignorant of the insides of
3D printers perhaps that's not a surprise.

--
Tixy