Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

On 2021-12-23, Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-12-23 at 14:20 +0000, Curt wrote:
>> On 2021-12-23, Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
>> >
>> > Still none the wiser of what hardware in the printer you would be
>> > setting the baud rate of though, but as I'm ignorant of the insides of
>> > 3D printers perhaps that's not a surprise.
>> >

>> You set the baud rate of the port is how I understand it.
>>
>>  stty -F /dev/ACM0 115200
>>

> Yes, but that just sends an ioctl request to the Linux driver which
> looking at the source code [1] translates it into sending control
> message to the USB device of type USB_CDC_REQ_SET_LINE_CODING.
>
> So what does the 3D printer do when it receives this control packet?
> What _hardware_ is it actually going to change the baud rate of?
> I'm assuming here, as I said in my other reply [2], that the USB
> interface is connected direct to the SoC running the printer, and not
> to some USB serial adaptor which is then wired to the controlling CPU
> hardware.

I'd think you'd change the baud rate of the port to some value copacetic
to the printer via some negotiated agreement. I wouldn't be able to
provide the technical, material details, I'm afraid. Of course, if you
think this is all some sort of hooey, all I can say is there's oodles of
hooey on the 3d printer technical forums, and I've fallen for it.

:-)