Re: [SOLVED] Firefox + Thunderbird upstream solution

On 10/12/2021 15:27, Tixy wrote:

Will Firefox be able to update itself with security updates?
One HowTo on the web I saw said to change permissions of files
extracted from the tarball to allow this, (using chmod 755). Though to
me, it seems that wouldn't help without changing the owner too, which
I've done (to my user). Will see how things go on the next ESR release.

For me it won't work, as I put these files as root deliberately, and I
run firefox executable in firejail. Firefox cannot modify anything apart
from it's own .mozilla folder and Downloads folder. I am happy to
redownload manually when there is an update from Mozilla.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/