[SOLVED] Firefox + Thunderbird upstream solution

My new manual - put together thanks to you guys here on this mailing
list. Thanks to all of you 😍. Now I run newest Thunderbird, and newest
Firefox ESR, both with firejail just like before. I will wait for Debian
versions to appear, I keep them installed, but I won't hold my breath.
My TB & Fx are safe now, without dozens of security vulnerabilities open.

-----
How to download & maintain new Firefox ESR & Thunderbird (from Mozilla):

Shutdown both TB & Fx. Backup their profiles now:
cp -r .mozilla .mozilla-debian
cp -r .thunderbird .thunderbird-debian

cd /usr/bin
sudo mv thunderbird thunderbird.bak
sudo mv firefox firefox.bak

From now, Debian ESR versions are unavailable. You can restore them by
moving /usr/bin/firefox.bak to /usr/bin/firefox (and same with
thunderbird) and restoring their old profiles, as older version won't
read profile modified by newer version.

Run instructions below each time there is new upstream version of
Firefox or Thunderbird:
/cd opt
sudo wget -O firefox.tar.bz2
"https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-esr-latest&os=linux64&lang=en-GB";
sudo tar vxf firefox.tar.bz2
sudo rm firefox.tar.bz2
sudo ln -fs /opt/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/

sudo wget -O thunderbird.tar.bz2
"https://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-latest&os=linux64&lang=en-GB";
sudo tar vxf thunderbird.tar.bz2
sudo rm thunderbird.tar.bz2
sudo ln -fs /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird /usr/bin/

On first thunderbird launch, run it via "thunderbird -P" instead of
clicking your usual shortcut, because it creates empty profile by
default, you don't need that, you want your old profile selected as
default and loaded each time.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀