Re: Install older versions of Debian with WSL

On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 03:54:37PM +0100, Max Nadig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install Debian 10 via WSL on windows. The problem is, I automatically get v11 Bullseye.
> Is there some way to specify the version or load a custom Debian version with WSL?
>
> I already posted this question into the WSL Git repo. So far I couldn't find a solution for this.
> https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/7805
>
> Are there maybe legacy builds of the Debian microsoft store app available? This would probably solve my problem.
>
> Thank you for the help, best,
> Max

Why do you want Debian 10 specifically? You could try the IRC channel

#debian-wsl

on OFTC / see if you can find the maintainer.

In general terms, as soon as a release is put out, it's uploaded by
rhaist to Microsoft - you want the latest stable to be the one used,

Hope this helps,

Andy C