Re: Install older versions of Debian with WSL

On 12/7/2021 5:15 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 03:54:37PM +0100, Max Nadig wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to install Debian 10 via WSL on windows. The problem is, I automatically get v11 Bullseye.
Is there some way to specify the version or load a custom Debian version with WSL?

I already posted this question into the WSL Git repo. So far I couldn't find a solution for this.
https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/7805

Are there maybe legacy builds of the Debian microsoft store app available? This would probably solve my problem.

Thank you for the help, best,
Max

Why do you want Debian 10 specifically? You could try the IRC channel

#debian-wsl

on OFTC / see if you can find the maintainer.

In general terms, as soon as a release is put out, it's uploaded by
rhaist to Microsoft - you want the latest stable to be the one used,

If you realy need Buster, using VirtualBox or Qemu on Windows might fit
the bill.

--
John Doe