Re: After upgrade from 10 to 11, 63 broken packages and aptitude never finishes.

A. F. Cano wrote:

> Something got really messed up during the upgrade.  There are broken
> dependencies and some packages (like some vim addon) don't work at all.
> Vim, for instance is unusable.
>
> I have tried all the dpkg/apt/apt-get commands to fix broken dependencies,
> broken packages, etc, and they all return without error now [1], but aptitude
> starts "resolving dependencies" and it soon uses up all the available RAM,
> then all the available swap and the system slows down (thrashing) and then
> freezes.

  my recommendation would be to start over and do a fresh install.
if there is any data you need to back up and haven't done that yet
i'd do that first.

  this will likely go a lot faster than trying to figure out what's
broken if you've done something really strange and don't have the
background to figure it out.

  songbird