Re: why Debian?

I am a data engineer. Most time works around Hadoop, Spark, Streaming, MQ, R and Python stuff. I have my personal Mac, but want to learn more on Linux dev and ops. Thanks.

Piper

On Friday, December 3, 2021, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 02, 2021 at 07:56:31PM +0800, Piper H wrote:
> For debian and ubuntu, which one should I choose as my personal
> development  system?
> Thanks.

What are you developing _in_ ? Debian stable is pretty much unconditionally
stable and includes huge amounts of software. On the other hand, some
teams develop only on Ubuntu - it's not a binary "either/or" and the skills
you learn on Debian are transferrable to Ubuntu.

More details needed :)

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater