Re: using intel i5 freqency governors

>> That should be the default behavior (i.e. if you don't touch any cpu
>> power configuration).
>
> Unfortunately, it clearly is _not_ the behavior I get.  .. and I
> hadn't touched any power config until I was trying things to get my
> 900 second execution time down around the 600 seconds it takes on the
> windows/cygwin machine.

You might want to try and figure out why you get `powersave` as default
governor, but until you've figured it out, you might like to force the
use of the `schedutil` governor instead which should give you the same
kind of speed as the `performance` governor under load while reverting
to low-power state afterwards.

        Stefan