Re: new buster install, dvd said 11.,1 but installed 10.1

On 11/28/21, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> Plz excuse the foul attitude, one of seagates finest 2T drives ate its own
> lunch  friday and I'm on web mail. Lost everything but I have backups I
> cannot access.
>
> apt/synaptic will not let me install any of Trinity, claims I have held
> broken packages it refuses to name. and synaptics fix-broken does nothing.
>

> so I'm locked out of my normal email, and the repo version of amanda keeps
> telling me I can't recover a perfectly good backup because
>
> /bin/tar is not secure. WTH?

A copy/paste of the error message would be helpful.

> Where do I start on a new buster net install?

I started here
  https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/11.1.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/
with
  firmware-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso

> The backups are all from
> stretch. All I want is the data. So how do make /bin/tar usable/secure?

I have no idea :(  Hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that..

Best Regards,
Lee