Re: Offtopic: Transfer a programm from DOS to Linux

As I know, there are also bibg applications ported from DOS to linux (like doom), I thoughtm that would be easy - just start a cross compiler, then fix some issues, ready. But I believe, it is not that easy, I suppose, this is a lot lot lot work. And as far as I understood, code from DOS C is far from
similar to Linux C.

The opposite is in fact true: the C language with its core library is highly standardized and portable across all platforms. There probably is no "more portable" computer language in existence. Implementation-specific libraries, however, are usually not portable, hence applications using these libraries must be adapted to the target system. And that bit is not "some issues" -- it's the real work.