Re: Offtopic: Transfer a programm from DOS to Linux

Hi Georgi,

yes, that sounds interesting. And fingerprinting of a transceiver is the main
thing. Thus, for example, you can identify people's radio transceivers, they
use to radio interfere. I am a licensed radio amateur, and those people are
often doing this on repeaters.

They want to be anonymous, however, many of them are also licensed radio
amateurs, and their callsigns are known.

Of course they are using the same radio transmitters for normal trafficing,
and so they could be identified. This is the same technics our
"Bundesnetzagentur" is using (the radio government).

It would also give the ability, to supress those people on the repeaters, when
they misuse it. For example, an unlicensed radio could be filtered out, so
that its transmission will not be send by the repeaters.

And as the range of a handheld transceiver is not large, only a small area
would be interfered - not the whole area the radio repeater is covering.

I did not find any similar solution to xmit-id, especially none for linux. If
you know one, I will be happy, to point me at them.

If you know one, this would be interesting, so it could maybe run on a small
computer, like a Raspberry Pi.

These are just my thoughts, why I stumbled over this application, and maybe
others would be interested, too.

As I know, there are also bibg applications ported from DOS to linux (like
doom), I thoughtm that would be easy - just start a cross compiler, then fix
some issues, ready. But I believe, it is not that easy, I suppose, this is a
lot lot lot work. And as far as I understood, code from DOS C is far from
similar to Linux C.

That is a pity, but good to know, if I might some time begin to code myself: I
won't never ever code for DOS or Windows or any proprietrary OS! Never!

Have a very nice day!

Best regards

Hans