Re: Monitors not coming out of power save when turned off

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021, Mike wrote:

The issue comes when I return.  If I turn the monitors back on and then
move the mouse, everything powers back on.  If I happen to move the
mouse before powering on the monitors, they do not come out of power
save.  I beleive this is to do with X being able to detect the presence
of the monitor and if it seen no monitors (because they are powered
off), then it disables them.  I haven't found a way out of this mess,

I have a script that runs xrandr commands to put everything back. It
detects the monitors that are connected.

I used to autorun it from udev but I got into a tangle where it hung
during boot and was a right pig to find and fix what had gone wrong so
now I rely on manually running it when monitors change.

I can post it if useful but it's very specific to my setup.

(I'm HDMI rather than DP but I assume it's the same)

Tim.