Re: wpa supplicant not starting - code 1...........

	On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 07:29:36 -0400 Henning Informed me about
	Re: wpa supplicant not starting - code 1...........

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 02:23:17PM +1100, Charlie wrote:
> >
> [...]
>

> > 	Hello Henning.
> >
> > 	I have no idea what an e/n/i is. Am one of those
> > unfortunates that fixes a motor, removes the worn part, takes it to
> > a spare parts seller and shows them, because I have no idea what
> > they are called. Brings home the new one and fixes the motor.
> >
> > I left school at 14 years of age. Am old now and memory is not all
> > that good. Googled e/n/i can't discover what it means.
>
> It mainly means that I am a lazy bastard, and for somebody who
> complains all the time when people are not more explanatory in their
> posts, a hypocrite too.
>
> /e/n/i = /etc/network/interfaces

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
# auto enp1s0
iface enp1s0 inet dhcp

# Wildlife
# auto wlp2s0
iface wlp2s0 inet dhcp
	wpa-ssid *********
 	wpa-psk *************

# Wildlife Belkin
# iface wlp2s0 inet dhcp
# 	wpa-ssid ***************
# 	wpa-psk **************

[end quote]

I have thought about commenting out the whole of:

# The primary network interface
# auto enp1s0
iface enp1s0 inet dhcp

However, if it slows down connecting to the net to leave it like this,
its hardly noticeable and quick to just bring it up if
wifi/wpa-supplicant doesn't work.

 As you say an annoyance when it doesn't do what one expects.

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	I scarcely remember counting upon any Happiness—I look not for
	it if it be not in the present hour—nothing startles me beyond
	the Moment. The setting sun will always set me to rights—or if
	a Sparrow come before my Window I take part in its existence
	and pick about the Gravel. -------John Keats

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.