Re: wpa supplicant not starting - code 1...........

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 12:14:05PM +1100, Charlie wrote:

> 	From my keyboard:
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	If someone has an idea about this error message after suspend
> 	can you please give me a hint as to what is causing it:
>
> wpa_supplicant: /sbin/wpa_supplicant daemon failed to start
> run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wpasupplicant exited with return
> code 1
>
> Since Bullseye went stable on my Dell Inspiron laptop I have had some
> problems. The above is the latest. It happens randomly and there is no
> way of duplicating it.
>
> I have googled this, but tried some of the suggestions without getting
> wpa supplicant to work again except by rebooting the laptop?
>
> Can someone tell me what "code 1" is please?

You clearly hacked together something unusual there. To being helped,
you have to provide more information.
Is there any log entry?
Please post the pre-up script.
Is there a particular reason why you configured the wifi this way?

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com