Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 - Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)

Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

> Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:38 PM
> From: "riveravaldez" <riveravaldezmail@gmail.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 - Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)
>

> Hi, my case was similar, while in Debian I use just /etc/network/interfaces
> file or NM, in a Dell laptop with Arch I was using Wicd until it got more
> or less abandoned and out of official repositories (like in Debian, IIRC),

You're right. Before writing this reply, I checked for the latest version of wicd on packages.debian.org and the latter returned zero results.

> so, following Arch wiki instructions, I changed Wicd for the
> systemd-networkd+iwd combo, and the Wi-Fi connections are working
> fine (previously, wpa_supplicant gave me some persistent problems...).
> So, I can say that it's a pretty functional and simple tool for the task.
> Meaning, it works.

According to some tutorials that I found on the internet, it's advisable to remove/uninstall wpa_supplicant before using iwd due to potential conflicts.

As for your statement "..I changed Wicd for the systemd-networkd+iwd combo...", how did you do it? Could you share how you used systemd-networkd with iwd please? I'm still learning Linux, you know and I appreciate all the help that everyone here is willing to give.