Re: A bug in Vim, in Mate Terminal or in Debian 11?

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 04:53:09PM -0300, Dedeco Balaco wrote:

[...]

> The PS1 change i said, i meant, is that i used a changed PS1 since many
> years ago [...]  Thus, i expected that everything should continue
> working as before [...]

Yes, definitely: something changed which is breaking your expectations.

> So, i do not know if Vim restored the title it received. This is
> something that makes sense, since vim always changes the title, when
> called from a terminal.
>
> But, on another path of thought that makes sense, the shell and the
> terminal restoring the title every time a command end, it also makes sense.

The research up to now shows that both are possible. And that
restoring the xterm's title is even possible in (at least) two
ways.

No idea how your old setup was doing it, honestly :-)

And, to make matters even more confusing, my vim setup doesn't
set the title (I know it is configurable, but I never made use
of it).

> In the end, i do not know where exactly it would be better to start
> searching. I betted on this list because i imagine here is a good place
> to find people that know Debian deeply. And here we are. (:

Yeah. Seemed so easy at the beginning. Anyway, the stack (not
not sure Mate-terminal supports it, skimming the reference seems
to suggest that it's not a widespread feature) seems like made
for your use case...

Cheers
 - t