Re: A bug in Vim, in Mate Terminal or in Debian 11?

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 04:21:56PM -0300, Dedeco Balaco wrote:

> Em 19/09/2021 15:48, tomas@tuxteam.de escreveu:
> > On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 03:06:28PM -0300, Dedeco Balaco wrote:

[...]

> Fine. I understand that you say that i could change my PS1 to always
> reset the title.

Specifically this is desirable whenever you want the title to show
a "changing" property (in this case, for example, the current
working directory).

>                  But there is something this would hide, and which i did
> not yet found an explanation for: sometimes, the default title is reset
> after quitting vim, and sometimes not.

That was my question: did you really observe vim resetting the title at
program end, or was it something set dynamically by your shell (you
said you changed your PS1 before the upgrade and the title was "fixed"
at vim's exit, so there's evidence for both hypotheses :-)

Cheers
 - t