Re: Your Thoughts on Printer Replacement

On 18/9/21 5:00 pm, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 10:38:03AM +0200, Klaus Singvogel wrote:
Charles Curley wrote:
I print rarely. Inkjet or laser? Or other? The carts on the L7700 tend
to go bad before they empty,

Rarely printing? I would suggest a laser

I agree. Toner doesn't spoil sat there doing nothing for long periods of
time, whereas the ink for inkjets can do.
The next question then becomes: mono or colour?

My experience is that toner does degrade over a period of years. To get full life you need to use your advertised pages within a year or so.

Perhaps this is only for aftermarket cartridges? But overall, the cost per page is still 1-3 cents per page even with light use.

--
Jeremy