Re: Your Thoughts on Printer Replacement

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 10:38:03AM +0200, Klaus Singvogel wrote:
Charles Curley wrote:
I print rarely. Inkjet or laser? Or other? The carts on the L7700 tend
to go bad before they empty,

Rarely printing? I would suggest a laser

I agree. Toner doesn't spoil sat there doing nothing for long periods of
time, whereas the ink for inkjets can do.
The next question then becomes: mono or colour?

Brand? The situation current is this, that only HP released their printer
drivers as Open Source (at least 99% of them).

The direction of travel for printing is entirely driverless, so this is
less important than it used to be. And indeed, driverless printing is a
lot less of a headache to administrate, IMHO, than drivered - even with
open source drivers.

If I were looking for a new laser printer today I'd look at Lexmark (on
a recommendation from a friend), the firmware for which is apparently
based on Yocto Linux.

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland