Starting a new thread by replying [was: (unable to start a new discussion)...] but not my home network...

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 12:25:00PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:

[...]

> Guilty as charged.  :-(
>

> Using Thunderbird, clicking "Reply List" and changing the Subject to
> "new subject [was: old subject]" is NOT the way to do it.  Clicking
> "Write", and cutting and pasting the Subject and/or body into a new
> message is what I should have done.

If you are starting an all-new thread, don't forget to also remove
the "In-Reply-To:" and possibly "References:" headers (for -- heh
reference, here are the ones from the mail you sent):

Civilised mail user agents use those to thread their threads.

Cheers
 - t