Re: Mutt/Neomutt and mailcap

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 02:01:23PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
Jonathan's message confused me too.  As far as I can tell, "see" is
a *shell* command, not a mutt command.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been clearer that it was a shell
command, intended to narrow the problem down to either mailcap or
neomutt. It seems David has provided the ultimate solution.

I don't know why there's a ";" in front of it.

That's (part of) my shell prompt. It's a convention originating in the
rc shell (although I learned of it from another); it permits you to copy
and paste directly from the shell buffer if you want to repeat a
sequence of commands.

My complete shell prompt, sans control characters, is

    : coil ▶;

where "coil" is my local hostname. With control characters, the colon
and semi-colon are disguised as part of colouring the prompt.  I vary
the colours I use depending on user@hostname. The implementation is
here: <https://github.com/jmtd/punctual/blob/main/punctual.sh>

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.